One of my favorite 'specialty' tips is Wilton's tip #44. It's a wide and flat tip that is traditionally used in cake decorating for basketweave. But I love this flat tip for so many applications on cookies. It saves me time piping a quick detail verses trying to pipe and flood such small areas. Check out the videos below to see this tip in action!! You can view this tip in our shop - click here!
From left to right, top to bottom, I used tip #44 in the following ways:
1. Wide Basket Detail on Apple Basket (this video also features the cupcake cookie cutter)
4. Wide ribbons on Gift Box Cookie- this is a cookie that is also featured in my online Craftsy class, Celebrate with Cookies. You can register for that class by clicking here. I also did a short video of this cookie on the Flour Box Instagram page. Check it out!
5. Webbing on Baseball Glove Cookie
6. Belt on Dress Cookie
7. Ribbons on Tall Gift Box (cutter from the LilaLoa cutter set). I don't have a video of this, but is it similar to the other gift box...I just looped the ribbons at the top.
8. Football laces. I use tip #44 for ALL my football laces, then cross over top with tip #2. I love this look. No video yet, but this is on my fall to-do list.
9. Goggle band on Minion cupcakes (using the cupcake cookie cutter)
10. Wide Purse Strap - this is a cookie that is featured in my online Craftsy class, Smart Cookies. You can register for that class by clicking here.
11. Wide wooden detail on Treasure Chest (using the cake cutter from the Sugarbelle Shape Shifters Set)
12. Yellow detail on Tractor Cookie
I hope you enjoyed this closer look on how to use Wilton's tip #44!
Stay tuned for more fun 'Icing tips' coming this summer!
Are you interested in checking out our entire tip selection? Click here to view all tips!